Put your wallet away and make some memories with these 50 fun activities for a no spend weekend with kids!
We are a debt-free family who knows the reality of how important it is to live life on a budget. You can read how our family became debt free in 16 months here. Let’s face it, going to the movie theater as a family these days can cost you just about as much as a full week of groceries after tickets and snacks! And taking everyone to a special event or attraction is even more expensive.
So, what’s a family to do together that doesn’t involve shelling out a ton of money and, at the same time, doesn’t involve countless hours in front of a screen?
We’ve got you covered with 50 of our favorite free and fun activities to do as a family on a No Spend Weekend!
50 Fun Activities for a No Spend Weekend with Kids!
- Raid the cupboard and bake something!
- Make slime. Check out this simple recipe by The Purposeful Nest!
- Play a round of “Lava!” Basic Instructions: Lay down pillows on the floor. Make sure there are gaps between pillows. Pretend that the floor is lava and the pillows are rocks.
- Play cards and/or board games.
- Look through old family photos and reminisce.
- Do some improv. Check out KidsActivities.net for some great ideas!
- Watch old family movies.
- Tell ghost stories.
- Build a fort.
- Do some science experiments.
- Write a story together.
- Act out parts of your favorite books.
- Get some family exercise.
- Make cards for loved ones.
- Have a dance party!
- Grab some blocks and build the “tallest tower in the world!”
- Play with puzzles (the bigger, the better)!
- Build an obstacle course.
- Put on a shadow puppet show.
- Draw self-portraits.
- Have fun with homemade face paint!
- Get out old clothes and play dress up.
- Have a tea party.
- Write a screenplay and make a homemade movie on your phone. If you have an iPhone, check out iMovie on your device for fun editing themes!
- Play Hide & Go Seek.
- Play 20 Questions.
- Plan a vacation.
- Go on an outdoor scavenger hunt.
- Go camping (outdoors or indoors).
- Volunteer together.
- Have a Lip Sync Battle!
- Have a Paper Airplane Competition.
- Head to the Library.
- Create a time capsule.
- Have a water fight!
- Go bowling for FREE with the Kids Bowl Free program!
- Head to a free community event.
- Have a picnic.
- Make homemade popsicles.
- Wash the car.
- Watch airplanes take off at the airport.
- Get outdoors and go Geocaching!
- Do your own version of the Olympics.
- Paint rocks.
- Rearrange the furniture in the house.
- Go clean up trash in your neighborhood.
- Create something out of old boxes.
- Visit an elderly neighbor.
- Make kites and fly them!
- Play balloon volleyball.
We hope this list has inspired you to make memories with your family this weekend without spending any money. If you’re looking for even more ideas for fun, family activities that won’t cost an arm and a leg, check out 66+ Awesome Staycation Ideas For Families In 2023. And, if you like our list, pop down to the comments section and let us know your favorite activities for a no-spend weekend with kids!
Leave a Reply