Our family tried out a fun new cooking club experience, and we’re sharing our honest feedback with this Raddish Kids review!
In our home, we are always looking for fun and educational activities to do with the kids. We were recently introduced to the Raddish Kids subscription box. We were excited to find that it met our criteria and exceeded our expectations in terms of educational and entertainment value!
What is a Raddish Kids subscription box?
Raddish Kids is a subscription service for kids that delivers recipes with easy-to-follow instructions right to your front door. Cooking is a very holistic experience. It’s a great way to teach and reinforce life skills like patience, following directions, reading, math, and science. Raddish Kids elevates that experience, bringing both the fun and educational aspects of cooking to an all-new level.
Each box you receive contains three recipes with corresponding activities and interesting factoids. The themes range from everything from Global Cuisine to Holiday favorites. Raddish Kids is designed for kids (as the name implies) but is a blast for the whole family regardless of age; that includes mom and dad.
How does Raddish Kids work?
To get your first box, all you need to do is join the Raddish Kid’s Club by selecting a monthly, 3-month, 6-month, or 12-month subscription. Thrifty Tip: if you sign up for 6 or 12 months you get a FREE apron! Once you sign up, you’ll typically have your first box in 1-3 business days!
What’s inside a Raddish Kids Box?
Each Raddish Kids box includes:
- 3 illustrated Recipe Guides
- 3 Culinary Skill Cards
- A creative kitchen project
- Kid-friendly tool
- Table Talk Cards
- Iron-on patch for apron
Our Raddish Kids Review
Our box theme was Global Cuisine with a focus on Thailand, and our kitchen tool was a whisk. It really pushed us out of our comfort zone! While my husband and I eat Thai food occasionally, our kids have never had it before.
Our children are 4 and 5 years old, so we wanted to stretch them with this cooking experience but not too much! Their little taste buds aren’t used to exotic food. We stayed with what we felt was the safest recipe in the box: chicken satay with peanut sauce.
We cut the chicken into small strips and then let it set in a marinade that the kids helped make. While the chicken was marinating, we worked on the peanut sauce. It was messy but delish!
After we prepared the chicken, we threaded it on skewers and placed it in the oven to cook. The finished product was SOOOO tasty! We had lots of laughs in the process and enjoyed the educational talking points that came with our box about Thai culture.
- Time saver: I didn’t have to research recipes or educational talking points.
- Quality of items: All the printed materials are on a nice cardstock that is also laminated (easy to wipe off and durable to save for later use). The Recipe Guides have colorful illustrations that make following the step-by-step directions easier to understand for children. The iron-on patch is vibrant and nicely made. The kitchen tool (we received a whisk) is just the right size for small hands. Plus, if you have multiple children, you can specify how many extra tools you need so everyone can have one!
- Multiple activities: Our children are young and their attention span is limited. There is so much included in the box. Between the recipes, activities, and educational talking points, we only had time to complete a fourth of the box! You could easily turn a box until a FULL day for a child or stretch it out over the course of several days.
- Anticipation: Once our kids knew we ordered a box, they couldn’t stop talking about how excited they were to get it! Once it arrived, they wanted to start on it right away. And once we finished, they were asking if we could order another one.
- Gift idea: If you’re a parent, then you know the struggle of maintaining the massive amount of TOYS your kids acquire throughout the year. This is a unique gift idea that parents, aunts/uncles, grandparents, and friends can give as gifts for birthdays and Christmas without all the clutter!
- Raddish Kids states that the boxes are appropriate for ages 4 – 14+. Our children are 4 and 5 and couldn’t quite participate in all the activities without help from mom and dad (ie: some of the Table Talk questions were above their comprehension level). I personally think the best age would be 6 and up BUT younger children can absolutely still do this with a little more assistance.
- As a frugal family, we can’t NOT talk about the cost vs value! Overall the price is on the higher end for what you get because ultimately, finding recipes and planning some educational points is virtually free. Also, cooking tools for kids are pretty inexpensive and easy to order online. However, if you’re busy and could use some help by having someone else do the legwork by expertly arranging a cooking club and sending it right to your home, then this is a great choice.
- The box does not contain food. So you’ll have to consider that added time, prep, and expense as well.
Overall, we had a great experience with Raddish Kids! The kids had a lot of fun and really enjoyed the experience of trying something new. With limited time to spare at times, we enjoyed this ready-to-go cooking club experience at home.
Thank you so much for visiting our site today to read our Raddish Kids review, and if you’re looking for additional subscription box ideas for your little ones, you’ll have to check out my picks for The BEST Subscription Boxes for Kids!