As a busy mom who is always looking to save time and money on clothes, I wanted to share my Stitch Fix Kids’ review with you!
Right off the bat, let’s me say…Stitch Fix did not sponsor this post. My feedback on Stitch Fix Kids is 100% my own.
I’ve ordered a few Stitch Fix boxes for myself and absolutely loved my experience! You can check out my most current Stitch Fix review here. But this is my first time trying out Stitch Fix Kids!
What is Stitch Fix Kids?
Stitch Fix Kids is an extension of Stitch Fix, an online personal styling service that sends trendy articles of clothing, shoes, and accessories right to your front door!
Stitch Fix Kids is a subscription box service. But don’t let that turn you off! It’s incredibly easy to control how often you want a box sent to you. I keep my boxes on demand so that I only receive merchandise when I request it and not on a recurring basis.
How Does Stitch Fix Kids Work?
First things first, you should always have some incentive for trying something new out, right?! Sign-up for your first Fix, and you’ll receive FREE credit to use toward your box of goodies!
Once you sign-up, all you’ll need to do is to fill out a detailed profile for your child, listing his or her style preferences. In addition to answering questions about the desired texture, patterns, and colors of the clothing and accessories, you also fill out information about your child’s height and weight to help get the sizing just right!
My daughter had a lot of fun filling out the questionnaire, and it only took about 10 minutes. You can add a personal note for your stylist with any additional, relevant information to help them zero-in on your child’s unique style
Once you’ve completed your questionnaire, filled out your shipping information, and confirmed your order, your stylist will gather pieces and ship them out to you!
There will be a $20 styling fee applied when your box is shipped out. If you keep at least one item from your box, that fee applies toward the cost of that item! But if you dislike all the pieces, you lose out on the $20 fee. Every box I’ve received so far from Stitch Fix has had at least one item that I’ve wanted to keep.
Once you receive your box, you’ll have 3 days to decide what you want to keep, exchange, or return. You’ll then complete your checkout online and send back any returns or exchanges in the paid postage bag that was sent with your box. So simple!
Stitch Fix Kids is a major time saver because I don’t have to try to piece together outfits for my kids. And, with COVID still on the rise, this was a great way to go shopping without having to leave the house.
Not only that, relying on a Stitch Fix stylist helped me find new style choices and combinations that I honestly wouldn’t have thought of on my own.
My Stitch Fix Kids 2021 Review
The package arrived on time with the clothing bundled together nicely in tissue paper. An envelope contained instructions on how to return/exchange along with a free return bag. Also, there was an invoice with item descriptions and pricing, a style tip guide, a personal note to my child from the stylist, and FREE STICKERS (my kiddo was so excited about those)!
Here’s what came in my Stitch Fix Kids box:
Crown of Hearts Cammeron Tulip Hem Hoodie for $20
Capelli New York Rosie High Top Sneakers for $26
RUMI + RYDER The Brushed Pocket Top for $18
Flapdoodles Katrine Sequin Knit Skinny Jean for $24
Nine One Eight Margine Graphic Hacci Top for $20
RUMI + RYDER The Basic High Waisted Knit Legging for $12
Flapdoodles Marta Knit Skater Dress for $24
Bailey Lane The Peplum Graphic Top for $20
Bixby Nomad The Everyday High Waisted Legging for $14
RUMI + RYDER Geniffer Brushed Ruffle Hem Graphic Sweatshirt Dress for $28
If I wanted to keep everything, I would get a 25% discount on all pieces which end up being $154.50 for all 10 pieces.
I decided to keep 4 out of 10 items!
Pros and Con’s of Stitch Fix Kids:
• First-time customers get a FREE credit to use on their first order (helloooo, free clothes!)⠀
• Professional styling
• Opportunity to communicate with your stylist about what clothes you’re looking for
• Most of the pieces in the box were a perfect blend of colors and textures to mix & match
• Try on clothes at home with the pieces you already own (“Does this top look good with those my jeans?” etc)⠀
• Major time saver when life is busy and you don’t have time or patience to shop (especially great during social distancing right now)
• Access to premier brands that you won’t find in your typical stores but also popular brands such as Nike, Under Armor, The North Face, etc
• FREE exchanges and returns on all items
• Easily control how often you get a Fix sent to you
• Save 25% off your entire box if you decide to keep everything
• Stitch Fix is not only for kids but for men and women also
• Prices can be slightly higher than other retailers (I felt that the quality outshines what I typically get for my kids at standard retailers)
• Possibly not liking your stylist’s picks
• The temptation to buy too much if you’re prone to lack self-control with your clothing budget
• If you don’t buy something from the shipment they send, you’ll pay a $20 styling fee (this is waived if you do buy at least one item)
As a busy mom, I really love Stitch Fix Kids! And even though the pieces are not at rock bottom prices, the quality of the products and the time-saving aspect majorly tips the scale for me!
Plus, my daughter was thrilled to get a package in the mail and model her new clothes all in the comforts of our home.
I’m pretty frugal, so I won’t use their service exclusively. But when I’m tired and don’t have the mental bandwidth to shop for new clothes for the kids or need some inspiration on new pieces, I’ll definitely order from Stitch Fix Kids again.
Don’t forget, you can get FREE credit just like I did on my very first box! Start your first Stitch Fix box and by signing-up here.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my Stitch Fix Kids Review! Oh, one more thing…if you and yourr little ones love subscription boxes as much as I do, head on over and check out my picks for The BEST Subscription Boxes for Kids!
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below. Are you going to try it out? If you’ve tried Stitch Fix Kids already, what are your thoughts?