This easy Christmas Crack recipe is the perfect Christmas dessert that you won’t be able to stop eating!
As a mom of small children, any recipe that allows me to avoid slaving away in the kitchen is a winner in my book. And you’re going to love how quick this recipe is!
This easy dessert only requires two dishes and a spatula which makes clean up a breeze. Plus, it’s a budget-friendly recipe that should cost you $5 or less to make (and you probably have most of the ingredients on hand to make it without an extra trip to the store)!
And hey, if you love saving money on groceries, be sure to check out How to Save Money on Groceries: the ULTIMATE Guide!
Our classic take on this easy Christmas Crack recipe consists of saltine crackers, butter, brown sugar, milk chocolate, and some sprinkles. These basic ingredients combine sweet and salty together in each mouthwatering bite. And serving it in its simplest form is deliciously addictive.
This recipe is also incredibly versatile! You can really kick it up a notch and get creative by adding some of your favorite goodies.
Consider these alternatives
- Use Ritz crackers or even graham crackers as the base in place of saltine crackers.
- Add in some peanut butter when you top with chocolate.
- Try different chocolates such as dark or white chocolate!
- Add in toffee bits for an extra toffee flavor and texture.
- Top with M&Ms, Reese’s Pieces, Snickers, Oreos, or peanuts.
- Sprinkle candy canes pieces on top.
- Chopped up pretzels are also a perfect pair.
The options are really endless but the basics of the dessert remain the same!
Alight, so let’s give you the details of how to make this easy Christmas Crack Recipe!
The first step is to take a large sheet pan and cover it by using aluminum foil, cooking spray, or a silicone baking mat. (I use this Silicone Baking Mat in my kitchen and it makes clean up a breeze!)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Then single layer one sleeve of saltine crackers until the sheet pan is full.
Add the butter and brown sugar to a medium-sized pot and bring to a boil on medium heat. Once the mixture begins to boil continue to stir to prevent burning. Boil for 3 minutes or until it reaches 280 degrees if you’re using a digital thermometer.
Pour mixture on to saltine crackers and completely coat each cracker.
Place into oven and cook for approximately 5-7 minutes. Then remove from oven when the toffee stops bubbling and appears like it is beginning to harden.
Top with chocolate chips and put back into the oven for 1-3 minutes until the chocolate begins to melt.
Remove from oven and spread chocolate to cover the toffee crackers.
Then add sprinkles or any other desired toppings.
Allow pan to set on counter until it has reached room temperature. Break apart the crackers and then place the pan into the refrigerator to continue to cool.
Keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
Easy Christmas Crack Recipe
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers (about 40 crackers)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks of butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 12 oz bag chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cover large sheet pan with cooking spray, aluminum foil, or silicon mat.
- Single layer saltine crackers on to baking sheet.
- Add butter and brown sugar to a saucepan and begin to boil on medium heat.
- Once mixture begins to boil, stir continuously for 3 minutes (or 280 degrees using a digital thermometer).
- Pour mixture on to crackers and spread to coat each cracker completely.
- Place into oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until toffee begins to harden.
- Remove pan from oven, sprinkle chocolate chips on to crackers, and place back into oven.
- Bake an additional 1-3 minutes and remove once chocolate begins to melt.
- Smooth a spatula over the melted chocolate to completely coat all crackers. Add sprinkles.
- Allow to cool on counter at room temperature.
- Break apart crackers then set baking sheet in fridge to further cool.
- Once chocolate has fully hardened, place in airtight container, and store in refrigerator.
This quick and easy Christmas Crack recipe is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser so don’t be afraid to double the recipe and save some for yourself!
If you’re looking for another cheap and easy dessert, don’t miss our family’s favorite Nutter Butter No-Bake Banana Pudding Recipe.
Are you keeping your Christmas Crack simple or dressing it up? Let us know in the comments below!