Are you looking for ideas for gifts for your daycare teachers when transitioning? Showing your daycare teachers appreciation for the work they have done with your kids is an extremely kind gesture to make. But, what should you get for them? In this blog post, I share some awesome gift ideas, perfect for any budget!
One thing you want to avoid when choosing a present for your daycare teacher is picking something that they get all the time. A perfect example of this is a generic mug. Instead, try to find gifts that are aligned with their interests or hobbies or something that is a little bit more personalized.
You will also want to keep your budget in mind. How much are you able to spend? The gift ideas in this post range anywhere from $10 – $50, so be sure to keep your budget in mind as you go through the ideas.
Before we get started, if you’re on the hunt to give something meaningful yet you’re still on a budget, I’VE GOT YOU! Come follow my Facebook Page where I find the hottest online daily deals from your favorite retailers all day long! I always focus on seasonal items so when the end of the year rolls around, you’re sure to see me post the best end of the year daycare teacher gift ideas that are on sale!
Best Gifts for Daycare Teachers When Transitioning
It is true that daycare teachers get a lot of gifts at the end of the year. So what are the best gifts for daycare teachers when transitioning that are meaningful and truly show your appreciation? Here are some different ideas!
Gift Box Ideas
Show your daycare teacher love and appreciation with a gift box filled with all kinds of goodies they can try from healthy snacks, self-care products, bath essentials, and more.
1. Pre-Made Gift Boxes – Many of your local retailers will carry pre-made gift products filled with products that they carry in gift sets. Some local retailers might even do this with local goods.
It can be helpful to pick a theme before you go shopping. For example, if you want to give a gift box with bath and beauty items, then you can narrow it down to the stores that sell those items frequently.
2. DIY Gift Boxes – You can also make a DIY gift box really easily. All you will need is a basket, a bag to put the basket into, and some ribbon to tie the bag close. This set from Amazon comes with everything you need.
Then, you can fill the basket with whatever items you like including handmade gifts, your personal favorite products, trinkets, food, drinks, etc.
3. Subscription boxes – Subscription boxes have become increasingly popular, and they make great presents too as they will typically come in themes with the best products from different brands for you to try.
Companies like CrateJoy have a wide variety available, and they will allow you to purchase just one box, or three boxes, six boxes, etc. Here are some of my favorites:
- TheraBox – Perfect for the teacher who loves to focus on self-care and pamper themselves.
- Once Upon A Book Club Box – Perfect for the teacher who loves to read.
- SnackSack Classic – Perfect for the foodie teacher who loves to snack.
For more ideas on gift box ideas that deliver, check out this blog post!
Food & Drink Ideas
If your daycare teacher is a foodie, addicted to coffee, or just loves to snack, then consider getting them some kind of food or drink-related gift.
4. Edible Arrangement – Edible arrangements make a fantastic present because not only are they nice to look at, but you also get to eat some delicious food. Some popular choices include Harry & David, Edible Arrangements, and Fruit Bouquets. You can also check your local retailers to see who else sells these in your area.
5. Chocolates Or Candy – Keep things simple with some of your teacher’s favorite chocolates and/or candy. You can buy variety of boxes such as chocolate gift boxes, snack care packages, or assorted candy gift baskets!
These types of presents are also really easy to arrange by yourself on a budget. Grab some goodies and add them to a gift box, a jar, etc.
6. Wine – While you will want to be careful with this kind of present as not everyone drinks, wine can make a fantastic gift for teachers who love wine. Plus, it is easy to add more to this gift if you want to. Simply add some wine glasses, snacks, or even a book on wine. Or consider a Firstleaf Wine Club subscription that takes the guesswork out of gift giving.
Gift Card Ideas
If you are worried about getting your kid’s teacher something they won’t use, then consider getting them a gift card. Here is a list of some popular options that daycare teachers love.
7. Amazon: Almost everyone uses Amazon nowadays making this a really practical option. You can purchase a gift card here.
8. Starbucks – If your daycare teacher loves coffee and tea, then consider a Starbucks gift card. You can have these sent electronically to their email address, or you can purchase a physical card to give to them.
9. Food Delivery – Save your teacher time with a food delivery gift card.
Meal subscription boxes make fantastic presents. After all, who wants to get home after a long day working with young kids only to have to worry about what to cook? You can get gift cards for meal subscription boxes like Hello Fresh, Home Chef, Green Chef, or Every Plate!
If you don’t want to get a gift card for a meal subscription box, you can also get gift cards for meal delivery and/or grocery delivery with companies like UberEats, Skip The Dishes, or InstaCart.
10. Restaurant – Do you know what your teacher’s favorite restaurant is? Do you have a restaurant that you love and are constantly recommending to people? Grab a gift card for this restaurant to give to your teacher from Restaurant.com and consider a package deal that includes some movie tickets as well!
Personalized Gift Ideas
If you love those classic gifts like mugs, comfy socks, etc., then consider personalizing the gift. This personal touch will make an ordinary present much more special for your teacher and show that you put thought and care into the gift.
For personalized gifts, you can shop on websites like Etsy which are known for their customizable gift options. Plus then you are supporting a small business owner.
If you want to support a local small business owner, check out a craft fair or your local farmers market. There are likely so many people who live locally around you who can do things like making jewelry, wood burning, vinyl prints, etc.
You can also look at your local retailers. Typically places that do gifts will also offer engravements.
11. Jewelry Box – Does your teacher wear a lot of jewelry? This jewelry box on Etsy can be customized with a personal message or name, a color, and a birth flower.
12. Necklace – This necklace on Etsy can be customized with the color of the necklace, name, font, and a birthstone if you want as well.
13. Cutting Board – This custom cutting board available on Etsy is perfect for the teacher who loves to cook. It can be customized with a message on the board as well as the shape/style of the board itself.
14. Candle – Who doesn’t love candles? This soy wax candle actually comes with custom scents and the option to add a message to the label as well.
15. Tote Bag – Teachers inevitably have a lot of stuff to carry back and forth between home and daycare, so a nice tote bag would make a fantastic gift. This tote bag from Amazon lets you customize the letter to match your teacher’s name.
DIY Gift Ideas
As your kids move on to other daycare classes or on to school, it can be really hard for their daycare teacher to say goodbye. That is why a present made by you and your kids makes for a really nice gift option. DIY gifts add a personal touch that their daycare teacher will appreciate.
16. A Personal Note & Craft – Your daycare teachers have been helping your kids make handmade cards and gifts for you all year. Now, you can do the same for them!
17. Bath Bombs – Making bath bombs is a fun activity for your kids to do, and they will make great presents for their teacher too. To learn how to make bath bombs, go here or hit the easy button and grab some from Amazon!
18. Candy Jar With Gift Tag – Who doesn’t love some candy!? With this simple DIY, all you need to do is put some candy into a cute jar, like this one. Then, add a gift tag and your candy of choice. If you want to add some laughs to your DIY present, consider adding a pun joke based on your candy of choice.
19. Flower Pencil Bouquet – An easy DIY craft for your kid to help with is this DIY flower pencil bouquet. You can get all the supplies needed for this project at your local dollar store which also makes this a very budget-friendly gift option.
Teacher Gift Ideas
This final category is all about cute but simple teacher-themed gifts.
20. Appreciation Pens – These pens have really cute sayings on them that will show your kids’ teacher the appreciation you have for the work they are doing for your kids.
21. Tumbler – Who doesn’t love a funny little pun? This wine tumbler on Amazon is perfect for teachers who love wine.
And if you want to, you could also pair this gift with a nice bottle of wine,
22. Plants – These adorable plant pots for teachers would be really cute decor for their classroom, their desk, or even their home. Or keep the gifts coming and consider a Succulent Studios subscription!
FAQ for Gifts for Daycare Teachers When Transitioning
How much should I gift a daycare teacher?
You should plan to spend anywhere between $20 to $75 when giving a gift to your child’s daycare teacher. You’re taking the time and effort to show your appreciation so you don’t want to do too little but most parents shouldn’t consider going overboard either. Unless, of course, it’s a really profound situation to where you want to pay that teacher back for something extraordinary they did for your child, try to stick to a middle-of-the-road budget.
How do you say goodbye to a daycare provider?
Besides giving a thoughtful gift from the ideas mentioned above, one of the best ways to say goodbye is to get your child involved by writing out a note! Another thoughtful idea when saying goodbye to a daycare provider is to take a photo together so that your child has something special to remember that teacher by as well. And of course, promote the “we’ll see you around!” sendoff with your child so that they understand this is not a final goodbye in most cases.
Do you get gifts for daycare teachers when transitioning?
Giving gifts to daycare teachers is a personal decision but as a whole most teachers receive a gift from families especially during the holiday season, on their birthday, and/or when transitioning. You’ll want to aim for something useful, thoughtful, and budget-friendly.
Is $50 too much to give to a daycare teacher?
On average, giving $50 to a daycare teacher is not too much when gifting them during the year. However, that is a personal decision and it’s not an initiative to try to “one up” others in the class or to put yourself in a financial bind trying to do more than what you feel is right. Most gift ideas for daycare teachers when transitioning range from $20 to $75 but even if you can only afford a $5 gift card to Starbucks, it will be appreciated!
I hope that this list has given you some awesome ideas of gifts for your daycare teachers when transitioning. They do hard work, and so it is a really nice gesture to show appreciation in whatever way we can.
Don’t forget to stay in the loop of the best gift ideas on SALE when you becoming a follower of my Facebook Page!
I’d love to hear about any other gift ideas you have too. Be sure to share in the comments below this post.
25+ Super Useful Gifts for Homeschool Moms (That She Actually Wants)
28 Genius Gifts for Single Moms
Leave a Reply