If you’re planning out your next summer BBQ, you can never go wrong with an easy patriotic dessert! This Red, White, & Blue Cracker Toffee is the perfect patriotic dessert for Memorial Day, 4th of July, or Labor Day!
Be sure to snap a picture while it lasts because it may be GONE from your picnic table before the fireworks start. This stuff is ADDICTING! And I don’t know about you, but I’m a bit of a mindless muncher, especially when I’m talking with family and friends and am surrounded by yummy food!
Not only is it tasty, but it’s also an easy dessert recipe with very basic ingredients which will cost you $10 or less to make! And it’s a fun recipe to involve the kids in.
Let’s dish on how to make this festive red, white, and blue dessert!
How to Make Red, White, & Blue Cracker Toffee: An Easy Patriotic Dessert!
The first step is to take a large sheet pan and cover it by using aluminum foil, cooking spray, or a silicone baking mat. (I like this Silicone Baking Mat in my kitchen which makes clean up a breeze!)
The second step is to preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then single layer one sleeve of saltine crackers until the sheet pan is full.
Next, you will add the butter and brown sugar to a medium-sized pot and bring to a boil on medium heat. When the mixture begins boiling, continue stirring to prevent burning. Boil for 3 minutes or until it reaches 280 degrees if you’re using a digital thermometer.
Pour mixture on to saltine crackers and completely coat each cracker.
Place into oven and cook for approximately 5-8 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the almond bark in the microwave according to the package instructions.
Remove from the crackers from the oven when the toffee stops bubbling and looks like it is beginning to harden.
Spread the almond bark all over the crackers until fully covered. Then add sprinkles!
Allow pan to set on counter until it has reached room temperature. Break apart the crackers and then place the pan into the refrigerator to continue cooling.
Keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
Red, White, & Blue Cracker Toffee: An Easy Patriotic Dessert
- 1 sleeve Saltine Crackers (about 40 crackers)
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter (2 sticks of butter)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 12 oz Almond Bark or Vanilla Candy Melts
- 1/3 cup Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cover large sheet pan with cooking spray, aluminum foil, or silicon mat.
- Layer saltine crackers on to baking sheet.
- Add butter and brown sugar to a saucepan and begin to boil on medium heat.
- Once mixture begins to boil, stir continuously for 3 minutes (or 280 degrees using a digital thermometer).
- Pour mixture on to crackers and spread to coat each cracker completely.
- Place into oven and bake for 5-8 minutes or until toffee begins to harden.
- While crackers are baking, heat almond bark according to package instructions until melted.
- Remove crackers from oven, spread melted almond bark evenly onto crackers. Keep on counter to cool.
- When crackers are at room temperature, break them apart in fridge to further cool.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week.
We hope you and your crew enjoys this easy patriotic dessert this summer!
This is a versatile recipe that can be customized to just about any holiday with the help of a few color-themed sprinkles! You can see how we made this a Christmas dessert here with our Crazy Easy Christmas Crack Recipe!
We love to hear from you, so let us know if you made this easy dessert! And go ahead and share a picture of the finished product with us on Pinterest!