Fall is in the air, so let’s celebrate with a tasty spin on the classic pumpkin dump cake we all know and love. To take things to a whole new level, we’ve added coffee… because who doesn’t love coffee?!
This Pumpkin Spice Latte Dump Cake recipe is a warm, buttery, comforting dessert. And you’ll love how incredibly easy it is to make as well!
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Latte Dump Cake
Combine pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar, evaporated milk, instant coffee, and pumpkin pie spice in a large mixing bowl. Using a mixer, blend until just combined.
Spread mix evenly at the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish.
Evenly sprinkle cake mix on top of the pumpkin mixture.
Evenly sprinkle chopped pecans on top of cake mix.
Slice butter into 1/4″ pieces, and lay on top.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 50-60 minutes.
While your dump cake is baking, go ahead and prep the whipped topping!
Mix the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Once fluffed, add in the whipping cream, cinnamon, and instant coffee.
Continue to whip until mixture begins to thicken and resemble a whipped topping (may take a good 3-5 minutes of mixing).
Once cake is done, serve warm with a dollop of whipped topping!
What is Dump Cake?
Dump cake is very similar to cobbler. But unlike a cobbler that combines fruit filling with a flaky topping, a dump cake involves sprinkling cake mix on top of fruit filling or fruit puree and then topping with butter. Since you can use any fruit or cake mix, there are a ton of possible dump cake variations!
What if I don’t have yellow cake mix?
No worries! The great thing about dump cake is that it’s versatile. You can use all sorts of different cake mixes from yellow to spiced cake and from confetti to chocolate.
Do you have to refrigerate it?
Yes, refrigerating dump cake is recommended. Even though the cake is cooked through, the filling adds a lot of moisture to the dessert which requires refrigeration for up to 5 days.
Can I eat my pumpkin dump cake right out of the oven?
Of course…in fact, that’s the best way! Dump cake is meant to be enjoyed warm and usually with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream on top. The cake packs so much flavor that opting for no topping is tasty as well.
Just like most dump cakes, this Pumpkin Spice Latte Dump Cake is versatile! Not a coffee fan? Just omit the instant coffee and you’ve got yourself a classic Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe!
Other variations: change up the flavor of your cake mix, add a caramel drizzle, toffee bits, chocolate shavings, butterscotch chips, or even swirl in some Nutella!
Warm Pumpkin Spice Latte Dump Cake
- Mixing Bowl
- 9×13 Baking Dish
Pumpkin Spice Latte Dump Cake
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice (can substitute cinnamon)
- 2 tbsp instant coffee (optional)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter (sliced into 1/4" pieces)
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp instant coffee (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Combine pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar, evaporated milk, instant coffee, and pumpkin pie spice in a large mixing bowl. Beat until blended through.
- Spread mix evenly at the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle cake mix on top of the pumpkin mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle pecans on top of the cake mixture.
- Slice butter into 1/4" pieces, and lay on top of the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 50-60 minutes.
- Prepare the whipped topping while cake is baking.
- Mix the softened cream cheese and powered sugar together. Once fluffed, add in the whipping cream, cinnamon, and instant coffee.
- Continue to whip until mixture begins to thicken and resemble a whipped topping (may take a good 3-5 minutes of mixing).
- Once cake is done, serve warm with a dollop of whipped topping!
We hope you love this scrumptious Fall dessert!
Are you sticking with the recipe or adding some extra “oomph” to it? Let us know below! We’d love for you to take a photo and share how it went too!
Leave a Reply